3.22.2013

Creating A Home Ambiance

There are a lot of ways to consider in creating a delightful home ambiance but basically these considerations are determined by five factors. These factors are related to the basic senses of sight, smell, touch, hearing and taste.

 SIGHT 
A good atmosphere is a result of good color and lighting. Choose furnishing in soft pastels and subtle earth tones. You can install lighting fixtures that use halogen replacement bulbs which are capable of emanating bright and warm light.

SMELL 
Light some scented candles or arrange vases of sweet- smelling blooms. You can place healthy potted plants inside the house to bring in clean and fresh air.

TOUCH 
Soft textured cushions, curtains and bedding can improve the ambiance of the entire house. Ornate mattresses and upholstery are also attractive but the tactile impression can be a little bit heavy.

HEARING 
Play carefully selected music, hang wind chimes or put an artificial fountain by the door or at the veranda. The effect of soothing music or natural sound can contribute to a relaxing feel after a busy day.

TASTE 
A jar of cookies or a tray of fresh fruits that is accessible to the entire family or guests would contribute to a homey appeal.

Do not forget to think of these elements when planning to create a better home atmosphere. There are no fixed rules in creating a good one as long as these five aspects are considered and well thought of. Simply be creative and practical.

  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

13 comments:

Algene said...

I like the idea of placing candles in the living room ate Rovs :) I believe it can create a positive mood for everyone at home.

jenn said...

thanks for sharing this. we just bought a house and i need some little inspiration to make our new place a cozy and friendly one.

Chubskulit Rose said...

I lit some candles a while ao after my dance session with my kids and they both fall asleep lol. Very helpful article and I agree with all of them.

Pinx said...

OMG mommy Rovie! How i wish i can do all these in our apartment. The only time there is peace and the house is tidy is when the little boys are fast asleep, at night! The rest of the day, the apartment is turned upside down! Lol! But thanks for these tips! Probably when the boys get older, I can do all these!

Teresa Martinez said...

You make a good point here in saying that a desirable home atmosphere can be achieved by appealing to the basic human senses.

papaleng said...

Very helpful pointers. A jar of cookies will be a disaster in our home. LOL My kids will simply feast on them, and when visitors come, ah, ubos na.

Alley said...

Ah... It's really nice to live in a place so homey and at the same time smells really good!

Lainy said...

Thanks for the tips, Teh. I shall remember all these. When I have the money, I'd sure have these lovely ambiance in our home. LOL! ;-)

lencilicious said...

These are good tips. I love to stay home and having said that I am so particular in keeping my surrounding comfortable and pleasing to stay. Not just for me but also for my family and guests.

riz said...

great tips for home makers. and, oh! i'd better clean my old wind chime again. i've neglected it since our last home repair.
now i know what else is missing here :)

Jessica Cassidy said...

Those are helpful tips Sis Rovie :-) We definitely need bulbs to make our homes light and comfortable. We have many bulbs in this house and we use those kind too :-) They last longer :-)

Rcel said...

Those are great tips, Sis! Very helpful! I can't wait for summertime when I can add the sense of fresh air to my own home by opening my windows and letting the air come in. More than anything else, a home has the best ambiance when love and Jesus are in it! :)

cheerful said...

i always like that my family and visitors feel good everytime they are in my house. hehehe! i agree with what you've said...scented candles and flowers is always present in our house; and having fresh fruits or sweets is a plus...i always have it placed in our dining table. but most of all, making it organized and clean helps plus wonderful family that lives in makes it perfect! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your time! I am would love to hear your thoughts.

ShareThis