4.10.2013

Living Within Our Means

The husband and I have different ways of choosing things especially when it comes to our personal wardrobes. As a typical homemaker, I am more particular with the price when buying clothes and dresses. I usually go for those on sale and things that are not that pricey so to speak. I believe that quality goes with the price so I deemed it practical to buy high quality wardrobes every once in a while or when our budget allow us to, but if not, going to the thrift shops is my option to at least create a wider selection on what to wear especially when we need to attend parties and events.

This “being thrifty” attitude of mine, one way or another makes my husband both happy and sad. He is happy because he knows that his hard-earned money are properly spent but somehow, he is also sad that he can't buy expensive items as often as he wants to because the family’s finance officer is kind of strict when it comes to the budget and allocation of the family's finances and that is no other than me. Hehehe

In these times where family income is just enough to support the family's needs, it is really important to be tight and modest with our spending. Life is easier if we try to live within our means and make use of the available resources and be contented of what is already there. As long as there is food on the table we don’t have anything to worry about. I am just thankful that we were exposed to the reality of life at an early age. We were taught not to be envious of what others have but instead work harder if we want to achieve something.
I actually did not realize how valuable every centavo is until I have received my first salary some thirteen years ago. I used to spend all the money I can get but when I started working, everything changed. If I used to pick the branded items in the shop’s display area the moment I saw them, now I would have to think many many times before buying any wardrobe for myself but that’s for me because if it is for Bella, it would be a different story.

We practice living within our means but we also try not too hard on ourselves. We splurge every once in a while especially if it is for the happiness of our little girl. We are parents and as much as we can we want to give the best of everything to our kids and I am sure every parent will also do the same.

  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your time! I am would love to hear your thoughts.

ShareThis